NOTICE OF RACE
CITY ISLAND YACHT CLUB TGIF SUNSET SERIES
Friday, July 17th, July 31st, August 14th, and August 28th, 2020
The City Island Yacht Club invites you to participate in its Friday Night TGIF Sunset Series, a jib-and-main race for sailors of all experience levels, starting in the vicinity of the “CL” mark in Eastchester Bay. The City Island Yacht Club is the Organizing Authority for this event.
- The race will be governed by US Sailing’s The Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) for 2017-2020.
- For PHRF boats the Performance Handicap Racing Fleet (PHRF) Regulations of the Yacht Racing Association of Long Island Sound (YRA of LIS) shall apply.
- The Minimum Equipment Recommendations of the YRA of LIS for category “C” races shall apply for all boats. These requirements are available on the YRA of LIS web site at www.yralis.org.
- ELIGIBILITY: The regatta is open to single-hulled vessels with an overall length greater than 21.5 feet.
- Please complete the entry form found at http://www.cityislandyc.org/index.php/sailing/TGIFSunsetSeries and email it to <>.
- ENTRANTS SHALL CHECK IN WITH THE RACE COMMITTEE PRIOR TO THEIR START BY RADIO ON CH. 71.
- SCHEDULE: The first signal for the start will be made at 1900 hours. A maximum of one race is scheduled each night.
- SAILING INSTRUCTIONS: The Sailing Instructions and division assignments will be posted on http://www.cityislandyc.org/index.php/sailing/TGIFSunsetSeries
- VENUE: The race shall be in the waters of Eastchester Bay.
- COURSES: All classes will sail courses using government marks and private marks as described in the Sailing Instructions and the Marks Chart.
- SCORING: Scoring for PHRF divisions will be calculated using the Time on Time method, using a Time Correction Factor based on the boat’s YRA of LIS PHRF distance rating (TCF=600 / (480+PHRF)).
- Scoring will be by high point system. The top 5 boats in each fleet will be scored as follows: 1st – 5 points, 2ND – 4 points, 3RD – 3 points, 4TH – 2 points, 5TH – 1 point, All other boats, 0 points
- PROTESTS: A Protest Committee appointed by the Organizing Authority will decide protests. Protests will be held via Zoom as soon as practicable after the finish.
- PRIZES: Prizes will be announced and presented at the City Island Yacht Clubhouse after the conclusion of each race. The following prizes will be awarded at the party after each race at the CIYC clubhouse:
- Prizes will be awarded after each race to boats in each division.
- At the end of the series, prizes will be awarded to the overall winner and the winners of each division.
- RADIO COMMUNICATIONS:
- Each boat shall carry a VHF radio capable of transmitting and receiving on channel 71.
- The Race Committee will endeavor to make courtesy announcements before and during the starting sequence on VHF channel 71. All boats are encouraged to monitor this channel prior to and during the start.
- DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY: All competitors are reminded of RRS, Rule 4, Decision to Race. The City Island Yacht Club will not accept any liability for property damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta. Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk.
- WELCOME: The privileges of the City Island Yacht Club are extended to all participating yachts.The City Island Yacht Club launch monitors VHF channel 72 and is available 24/7.
- INFORMATION: For further information, please contact:
Chairman, Regatta Committee