The new Big Tom Wednesday Night Racing Series is big news and comes with a lot of new information.
Attention All Big Tom Town Hall Attendees:
In response to our new world of safety and “social distancing” the scheduled BIG TOM RACING TOWN HALL is going online. You can attend by video conference, same day and same time as scheduled. Do not come to the club. We all want to be healthy when the racing season arrives.
Matt Stainback from HYC has set up a video conference channel for us. See his instructions below. Walter Ziobro and Ernie Bivona will host.
In preparation for this meeting, go to Yachtscoring.com and download the “Big Tom Wednesday Night Series Notice of Race”: Big Tom WNS NOR
And the “Big Tom Wednesday Night Series Proposed Sailing Instructions”: Proposed Sailing Instructions
Topic: Big Tom Townhall Meeting
Time: Mar 25, 2020 07:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
If joining by computer, simply click the link below and follow the instructions:
https://zoom.us/j/196360301. No code is needed.
If joining by phone, call the number below, then enter the Meeting ID when prompted.
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York) Meeting ID: 196 360 301
We would like for this meeting to be as interactive as possible, so we recommend joining by computer. And if you have a camera set up, please share your video. Here is a brief video showing exactly how to sign on, and share your audio and video: Zoom Instructional Video
Discussion topics include:
- The reasons for the switchover from EBYRA to Big Tom Racing.
- New qualification rules.
- New, significantly lower entry fee.
- A new and much simpler course list.
- New Windward/Leeward and Triangular courses.
- Making it all a great experience for accomplished racers as well as newcomers.
- Helping new skippers and new potential crew to find each other.
- Remaking Wednesday Night racing into a must-do weekly event this summer.