Learn to Sail Optis and Lasers!
- Classes for Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced, grouped according to skill.
- All instructors are certified by US Sailing, the national organization of sailing, and have First Aid/CPR training.
- For children, ages 8-16.
- Swimming proficiency required
Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics Curriculums Included
- Meteorology – learn to predict the weather by reading cloud formations and wind conditions.
- Tides and Currents – learn how the moon affects the tides and currents.
- Marine Biology and Ecology – City Island has a marine estuary where you will study animals and plants in the tide pools.
- Physics of Sailing – learn how the wind and water interact with the hull and sails to make a sailboat go through the water.
City Island Junior Sailing
was created to instruct young people in sailing on the Eastchester Bay. We teach our children about the balance of forces in nature and help them appreciate the wonderful world in which we live. The program is certified by US Sailing, and each child receives a US Sailing Certification of Accomplishment at the end of the program. Founded by City Island Yacht Club, a home for sailors for the past 114 years.
2021 Session Dates
Full Day Sailing Program 2021
Monday through Friday Times: 9:00am to 4:00pm
For children, ages 8-16. Swimming proficiency required. All sessions are appropriate for sailors of all levels.
SESSION I (ONE WEEK) June 29-July 2
SESSION II (TWO WEEKS) July 5-16
SESSION III (TWO WEEKS) July 19-30
Session IV (TWO WEEKS) August 2-13
Gala Awards Dinner August 12 (Additional cost)
SESSION I (ONE WEEK) June 28-July 2 $460 (CIYC Members: $420)
SESSION II (TWO WEEKS) July 5-16 $1150 (CIYC Members: $1050)
SESSION III (TWO WEEKS) July 19-30 $1150 (CIYC Members: $1050)
Session IV (TWO WEEKS) August 2-13 $1150 (CIYC Members: $1050)
Junior Sailing of Long Island Sound (JSA-LIS) Membership: $75 per child
(Bring your own lunch.)
Scholarships and discounts available!
50% non-refundable deposit due at time of registration. Full payment required by June 1st.
Daily Program Schedule
*Daily schedule subject to change depending on weather conditions.
|7:45am – 9:00am||Optional Extended Care ($50/week)|
|8:45am –||Arrive at Camp|
|9:00am – 10:00am||Landside Instruction/Rig Boats|
|10:00am – 12:00pm||Sailing|
|12:00pm – 1:00pm||Lunch|
|1:00pm – 3:30pm||Sailing|
|3:30pm – 4:00pm||Wash Down/Put Away Boats|
|4:00pm – 4:15pm||Parent Pick Up|
|4:00pm – 5:15pm||Optional Extended Day ($50/week)|
Thursday Night Junior Racing
Use your skills in our Thursday Night Junior Series. No charge and open to children ages 8-16. Awards and dinner (fee) after each race.
To Register, please download and fill out the form below:
CIJS Registration 2020 (DOCX)
City Island Junior Sailing Contact: email@example.com
(347) 692-0696 (Junior Sailing Office)
All Sessions at:
City Island Yacht Club
63 Pilot St.
City Island, NY 10464