CIYC Events Calendar
- This event has passed.
NYS Boating Course
One 8-hour day course. 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Offered by the City Island Sail & Power Squadron
Certificates valid for New York & New Jersey education requirements (including PWC) will be issued upon successful course completion.
Become a Skilled Boater: Sail, Power, Paddle, Jet Ski. Lear about:
- Boat types and terminology
- General boat handling, all types of watercraft
- Ropes, cleats, knots all made easy
- Emergency procedures and adverse conditions
- Rules of the Road (NYS & Federal)
- Marine Radio usage
- PWC (jet ski)
Open to the public ages 17 and over. PHOTO ID REQUIRED TO TAKE THE EXAM.
Lunch and a light breakfast will be provided by Chef Jaime Jeffrey
More information: ABC Flyer 5.14.22
Please register and pay by April 29, 2022. To register online,
- Visit cityislandpowersquadron.org
- Select “Take a Boating Course” where you can register and make your online payment.
- Please be sure to indicate your lunch preference when you register.
For more information email:
New to City Island Yacht Club?
Please see our Membership page for further information. We welcome new and prospective members to visit and to tour our facilities. Call the Club office at 718-885-2487