COVID-19 REPORT FROM COMMODORE BIGELEISEN
April 13, 2020
If you have been following the news, you know that we are entering the most dangerous time of the COVID-19 pandemic in New York. Extraordinary times require extraordinary measures. The City and State Governments are issuing new rules daily.
At CIYC, we also find it necessary to issue new rules. Our first responsibility is to keep people and their families as safe as possible. This places a great responsibility on all of us to cooperate with each other and respect the rules.
AT LEAST 25% OF ALL PEOPLE TESTING POSITIVE FOR CORONAVIRUS HAVE NO SYMPTOMS.
FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY AND THE SAFETY OF OTHERS, WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU STAY AT HOME AND DEFER BOAT WORK.
DO NOT FORM WORK PARTIES FOR ANY BOAT WORK.
- No boats will be launched from the CIYC Yard until May 1, 2020, at the earliest.
- There will be no launch service until May 1, 2020, at the earliest.
- Boat owners who have their boats on moorings will have to use their own tenders to get back and forth from the dock until Launch Service begins.
- The CIYC Clubhouse is closed and will remain closed until further notice. All parts of the CIYC Clubhouse will remain locked and off limits including the locker area, restrooms and porch.
- If it is essential, you may access your locker one time only by making an appointment between 9 am-4 pm with Jim Lynch at (914) 260-4108.
- Only one person will be allowed in the basement at a time during your appointment to access your locker, so make an appointment and contact Jim if you need to change it. You must wear a mask and gloves.
- For your own safety and the safety of others, we strongly recommend that you stay at home and defer boat work.
- Should it be essential for you to come to the CIYC yard, the 6’ safe distancing rule must be observed. Leave space between your car and the one nearest to it.
- All club-owned hoses, electrical cords and carts are stowed away, and not available for use.
- The Clubhouse is closed, and use of tools or equipment in the basement workshop is prohibited until further notice.
- Use a mask and gloves at all times while you are on club property.
Please continue to follow the guidelines promulgated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for preventing the spread of COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html
- Stay home if you are sick, or showing or feeling and COVID-19 symptoms, such as fever, coughing, and/or troubled breathing;
- Practice social distancing by keeping at least six (6) feet of distance between yourself and others;
- Avoid close contact, such as shaking hands, hugging, or high-fives;
- Wash hands often or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol when soap and water are not available;
- Avoid unnecessary contact with surfaces that are often touched, such as doorknobs and handrails.
We will reassess the situation at the end of April and be in touch.
In the meantime,
- STAY AT HOME.
- STAY AWAY FROM OTHER PEOPLE.
- WASH YOUR HANDS.
- IF YOU GO OUT, WEAR A MASK. ANY MASK IS BETTER THAN NONE.
Commodore Ira S. Bigeleisen
Vice Commodore Frank Palmieri
Rear Commodore George Keeber
Fleet Captain Brett Morash